The worst hangover I ever had was while I was stationed in Germany in the army. They make a chocolate covered cherry that is filled with brandy. These things were sold in vending machines all over the city. So, we had been out drinking, beer mostly, but then the bars closed and taxi drivers didn't like to pick up drunk GIs. We were staggering home and passed one of these vending machines. Bought lots of cherries. Filled our pockets and ate them on the way to the barracks. Ate all of them, went to bed. In the morning I was very sick. My hands were shaking, my head hurt, my stomach was reched. And we had to go to the rifle range. Longest day of my life. I don't think that I "qualified", but the army doesn't fire you if you cannot hit anything with a rifle.
People sometimes send us those cherries for christmas and I still cannot eat them.